Red peppers are a HUGE hit here – and roasting them gave them great flavor for the pasta!
Roasted Red Pepper Sauce Recipe
- 4-5 red peppers
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs minced garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 2 - 2 1/2 cups half and half
- 4 Tbs unsalted butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat broiler. Lightly coat peppers with olive oil, place on pan in the preheated oven. Broil until peppers start to blister and skin is slightly blackened. Remove, place in paper bag or zip lock bag for 45 minutes.
- Remove seeds and skin from peppers. Cut peppers into small pieces.
- In a large skillet, heat 3 Tbs olive oil. Add garlic, basil, and peppers. Cook for about 12 minutes.
- Place mixture in blender (be careful as it's very hot!) or use an immersion blender (depends on what you want the consistency of the sauce to be). Return to skillet, add butter, season with salt and pepper.
- Pour over prepared pasta, sprinkle with more fresh basil.
As always – enjoy!