I whipped this up a few days ago as I had sweet corn that needed to be cooked. It was SOOO delicious- and easy!
Crab and Corn Chowder Recipe
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3-4 small celery ribs, chopped
- 6-8 baby potatoes, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbs fresh chopped thyme
- 1 Tbs crab boil seasoning (like Old Bay)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups whole milk
- 4 Tbs butter, unsalted
- 3 rounded Tbs flour
- 1 rounded Tbs dijon mustard
- 5-6 ears corn on the cob, cooked to crisp, cut from cob, cobs scraped
- 6-8 oz fresh crab, picked over
- few drops hot sauce
- Heat olive oil in large dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Add onion and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add celery, potatoes, garlic, thyme, crab seasoning, salt and pepper
- Cover, cook 10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes
- Add chicken stock and milk and bring to a boil
- In small skillet, melt butter and whisk in flour to make a roux. Cook 1 minutes, then stir in mustard. Add to chowder mixture and stir well.
- When roux fully incorporated into chowder, add corn and bring to a boil. Reduce heat slightly to allow to thicken.
- Remove from heat, add crab and sprinkle in hot sauce.
- Serve immediately.
- May need to add more salt and pepper to taste
As always – enjoy!