I am partial to garlic bread, having worked at a famous Italian restaurant in St Louis for many years.. So when I make my own bread – I load it up with garlic sometimes as it reminds me of my teenage years!
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 Tbs unsalted butter, softened
- 3 Tbs sugar
- 2 Tbs nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tsp yeast
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbs fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Place first 7 ingredients in bread maker, in order given.
- Set bread maker to dough cycle.
- When complete, remove from pan
- Gently roll out dough into large 24" rope
- Cut into 24 even pieces
- Roll each into small ball
- Place in greased pan
- Combine butter and garlic
- Spread over roll dough
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese
- Cover, let rise for 45 minutes
- Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned
- Remove, cut apart
- Serve immediately
As always – enjoy!