We love love LOVE risotto at my house! Now that I cook it in the pressure cooker, it’s SO easy to make! So yes now we eat more of it 🙂 I whipped this up for a birthday celebration..
Risotto with Fresh Seafood Recipe
- 6-7 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 Tbs olive oil
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cup grated asiago cheese
- fresh snipped chives
- crispy bacon
- seared shrimp - cook peeled, deveined (tails removed) shrimp in 1 Tbs olive oil/1 Tbs unsalted butter until pink
- seared scallops - sear scallops in olive oil/1 Tbs butter until caramelized and cooked through.
- Place stock in a pan under medium-low heat to warm
- Heat olive oil and 2 Tbs unsalted butter in pressure cooker. Add chopped white onions and garlic and salt. Saute until onion is translucent, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add rice, saute another 2-3 minutes, or until rice is slightly toasted, but not dry.
- Add 4-5 cups of stock.
- Secure the lid on the pressure cooker, and bring to high heat, until the regulator starts to rock. Reduce heat - but maintain pressure.
- Set timer for 6 minutes.
- At 6 minutes, release the pressure using a quick release method. I put cold water in my sink, and gently place the cooker into the water. Be careful!
- Once the lock has been released, remove the lid - putting steam away from your face.
- Return the cooker to the stove
- Add more broth if needed, continue cooking until it is correct consistency. Add salt, pepper, butter and 1 cup cheese.
- Taste, it may need more salt.
- Remove from heat when ready.
- Add 2 Tbs butter, still until combined
- Plate the risotto, place seafood on top,
- Sprinkle with bacon, green onions, and asiago.
- Crack black pepper over the top.
- Serve immediately.