I love making chocolate chip bar cookies because they are SO easy – well, adding in this layer of caramel and chocolate made them AMAZING!!!!!
Sundae Cookie Bars
- 1 box light brown sugar (2 cups tightly packed brown sugar)
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 3/4 cup flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- dash salt
- 8 oz chocolate chips
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup hot fudge topping, softened
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup salted Caramel Sauce, softened (recipe link below)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 9x13 baking pan.
- Combine sugar and oil.
- Stir until sugar is moistened.
- Mix in eggs.
- Add in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix well.
- Stir in chips. (Mixture will be VERY thick.)
- Divide dough in half.
- Spread half the dough in the bottom of the pan, using fingers to press out.
- Pour the hot fudge topping over the dough in the pan, spread over the dough.
- Pour the caramel sauce over the hot fudge topping, spread over the fudge.
- Take the remaining dough, and press it out very thin between your fingers.
- Spread this over the top of the caramel sauce. Don't worry if you don't have enough, it will spread out as it bakes.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes, DO NOT OVERBAKE!
- I spread the remaining caramel sauce on the top as soon as the bars came out of the oven. You can also spread it on before you bake.
Here is the Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe!
As always – enjoy!