I needed a caramel sauce for a new recipe I made up today – and so here it is. Just let me say? Incredibly EASY!!!!!!!!!
Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbs unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt (or to taste)
- Heat the cream over low heat until just warmed.
- In a different medium heavy bottomed saucepan, combine the sugar and 1/4 cup cold water. Stir to combine.
- Heat over medium high heat, WITHOUT stirring, for 10-12 minutes or until a deep caramel/amber color.
- When caramel is ready, slowly whisk in the warm cream, continue to simmer, until the mixture is very smooth - 2-3 more minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Whisk in the butter, and then the salt.
- Let cool about 2 minutes, then serve over ice cream, cookies, cake, etc.
As always – ENJOY!!!!