Never EVER would I have thought to cook risotto in the pressure cooker. WHY oh why didn’t I use this method earlier?? It’s SO easy and SO fast!!
Pressure Cooker Risotto Recipe
- 6-7 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 Tbs unsalted butter
- 1 cup grated parmesan or asiago cheese
- fresh snipped chives
- Place stock in a pan under medium-low heat to warm
- Heat olive oil in pressure cooker. Add onions and salt. Saute until onion is translucent, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add rice, saute another 2-3 minutes, or until rice is slightly toasted, but not dry.
- Add the wine.
- Add the stock.
- Secure the lid on the pressure cooker, and bring to high heat, until the regulator starts to rock. Reduce heat - but maintain pressure.
- Set timer for 6 minutes.
- At 6 minutes, release the pressure using a quick release method. I put cold water in my sink, and gently place the cooker into the water. Be careful!
- Once the lock has been released, remove the lid - putting steam away from your face.
- Return the cooker to the stove
- Add more broth if needed, continue cooking until it is correct consistency. Add pepper butter and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Taste, it may need more salt.
- Remove from heat when ready, serve with chives sprinkled on top, and more cheese added to top.
As always – enjoy!!