I love red potatoes – they are so yummy and so full of flavor! Rosemary from my garden makes anything taste even better – ESPECIALLY red potatoes!
Smashed Red Potato Recipe
- 1-2 pounds small red potatoes
- 1-2 Tbs unsalted butter, melted
- 2 Tbs snipped fresh rosemary
- 1/4-1/2 cup grated Asiago cheese
- Wash the potatoes
- Place in a pot and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil
- Reduce heat, simmer until tender, about 20 minutes or so. Don't overcook or they will fall apart!
- Once they are tender, remove from heat and drain
- Place potatoes on a greased baking sheet (with sides)
- Preheat oven to 425
- Gently "smash" each potato with a fork, in several directions. They may break up, but you can 'stick' then back together
- Once smashed, sprinkle with rosemary, and then pour a small amount of butter on each potato
- Bake at 425 for about 20 minutes, or until browned and crispy
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with cheese, place back in oven for a minute or two or until cheese melts
- Remove, and EAT!
As always – enjoy!!