I love pasta – maybe it has to do with working at an Italian restaurant for YEARS as a teenager and into college… This sauce is fabulous -I cooked chicken and made penne to go with it. YUM SCRUM!!
- 1 Tbs unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 12 oz jar chopped roasted red peppers, with juice
- 3/4 - 1 cup light cream or half and half
- 1/8 - 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until translucent, about 4 minutes
- Add garlic and roasted peppers with juice.
- Stir in the cream
- Stir constantly until the sauce thickens
- Add red pepper flakes and salt and pepper to taste
As always – enjoy!!