My DD and I love tomato soup – so I whipped some of this up tonight. It was DELICIOUS and so easy!!
Tomato Soup Recipe
- 2-3 Tbs olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic,minced
- 3 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can low salt 28oz diced tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- **OPTIONAL** 1/4 cup light cream (if you want to make the soup creamy)
- In a 6qt stockpot, heat olive oil. Add onions and garlic, cook, stirring until onions are translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add broth, tomatoes and bay leaves.
- Turn up heat to high, and heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat, simmer about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves
- Stir in butter and sugar.
- Use immersion blender (or in batches blend in a blender) til a smooth consistency.
- Add pepper
- Stir in light cream if desired.
- Serve immediately.
As always – ENJOY!!