Last night we could not decide WHAT to make for dinner. Had lunch out, so didn’t want anything heavy.. Ah ha! Vegetable pie came to mind as the go to meal for dinner!!
Vegetable Pie Recipe
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk (I used 1%)
- 1/2 sliced bell pepper
- 1/2 chopped onion
- sliced tomatoes
- 1 cup spinach, torn into pieces
- grated pepper jack cheese
- salt and pepper
- more sliced cheese for top
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix first five ingredients together to make a fairly thick base - you may have to add more milk.
- Add in chopped vegetables (you can use mushrooms, green pepper, basil, sage, squash, any kind of vegetable you have on hand.) Save the tomatoes for the top.
- Mix in grated cheese
- Add in freshly grated salt and pepper
- Mix til well combined
- Grease a pie pan.
- Pour the vegetable mixture into the prepared pie pan
- Top with sliced cheese, we used herb cheese.
- Top with the sliced tomatoes.
- Bake approximately 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- The top of the pie should be lightly browned.
As always – ENJOY!