My Darling Daughter (DD) loves loves LOVES Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.. So when her birthday came around, I *had* to use Cookie Dough Frosting on her birthday cake! To be perfectly honest – I love Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough as well! 🙂
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 tsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream, more or like to desired consistency
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Beat brown sugar and softened butter together in a bowl of a stand mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Add in flour, baking soda (for flavor), vanilla and salt. Beat until well combined
- Add in whipping cream until the frosting is of correct consistency. Fold in chocolate chips OR just spread them over frosting on the cake.
As always – enjoy!!