I love butternut squash – and the kale paired perfectly with it in this recipe! I was very happy to find a new recipe to use kale – and which tasted so great!!
Butternut Squash and Kale Pasta Recipe
- 2 Tbs unsalted butter
- 1/2 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2 - 1" pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbs roughly chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable/chicken broth
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed, roughly chopped (about 6-7 cups)
- 1 package cooked pasta or gnocchi or tortellini
- 3/4 cup fresh grated parmesan or pecorino romano
- Melt 1 Tbs butter in large ovenproof skillet (I used cast iron) over medium heat.
- Add squash and cook, stirring often until soft and golden, about 9 minutes.
- Add the garlic, sage, red pepper flakes, and salt. Cook until garlic is soft - 2-3 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler
- Add the broth to the skillet. Add the broth to the pan. When it starts to simmer, stir in the kale and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the pasta, stir.
- Cover, and cook until the pasta is tender.
- Uncover, stir in 1/4 of the cheese and the remaining 1 Tbs butter.
- Sprinkle with the rest of the cheese, place in the broiler and broil til cheese is bubbly and golden, about 3-4 minutes.
As always – ENJOY!!!