We’re making a fabulous prime rib in a few days, and I wanted to make sure we had yummy horseradish to go with it. I went to Whole Foods and bought a small root, it was about .80! Here’s what I did to grate it up:
- horseradish root
- white vinegar
- salt pepper
- Peel root. I only peeled about half, and put the rest away for another time.
- I then chopped in small pieces and placed in a small food processor with a few tablespoons of water.
- I held on tight and pressed the "grate" button. The processor jumped around but made pretty quick work of the job. If it doesn't want to grate - put in a bit more water.
- After it has finished processing, open the lid, don't breathe too deeply as it's VERY strong, and let it rest for a few seconds.
- Depending how strong you want the horseradish to be, place in 1 Tbs vinegar right away (not as hot) or let it sit a few minutes, then mix in the vinegar. The longer you wait, the stronger it will be.
- This smells FABULOUS!
As always – enjoy!!!