My daughter loves hash browns – so I whipped these up for dinner, along with some scrambled eggs and other goodies. Breakfast for dinner is always fun!!
Classic Hash Brown Recipe
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled
- 4 Tbs unsalted butter
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- cheese and green onions - optional
- Shred potatoes using the fine shredding blade in a food processor. Immediately place the potatoes in cold water for 5 minutes or until water is cloudy. Drain, cover with cold water again. Stir. Drain potatoes well, squeeze out water. Lay on paper towels to dry, squeeze out more water!
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium high heat. Sprinkled shredded potatoes over the butter, and then season with the salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 6 minutes or until they begin to nicely brown on the bottom. Flip over and cook an additional 5-6 minutes.
- Serve immediately - we put cheddar cheese and green onion on ours.
As always – enjoy!