This might seem like a lot of work – but once you get the corn cooked – you are in the home stretch – the rest is just stir/simmer/stir/simmer..
Corn and Potato Chowder Recipe
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 5 cups fresh corn kernels, save 2 cobs
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup half and half (I used fat free)
- Melt butter in medium pot over medium heat. Add corn, thyme, diced onion and salt. Cook, stirring here and there until the corn is tender but not browned.
- Stir in broth and diced potato. Crank up the heat to high. Add the 2 reserved corn cobs. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender. Discard cobs.
- Process 1/2 cup of the corn mixture in blender or food processor until smooth. Return to stockpot, stir in half and half. Serve immediately.
As always – enjoy!!!