My Mom used to make the BEST pot roast and awesome gravy.. Yesterday, my DD needed some comfort so I made Mom’s recipe and it was delicious!
Crockpot Pot Roast with Carrots and Potatoes Recipe
- 1 pot roast (this was a bottom round) weighing between 3-6 pounds
- chicken broth (I don't like beef broth so always use chicken!)
- Place carrots on the bottom of the crockpot, place roast on top of them.
- Sprinkle with desired herbs, salt, pepper and pour enough broth on top to bring it about 1/2-3/4 way over the roast.
- Seal the crockpot.
- Cook on high for about 4-5 hours, then turn down to medium.
- Add the potatoes, cook until tender.
- Turn off heat, let cool for about 20 minutes, then serve.
As always – enjoy!!!