I love cauliflower, and when some arrived in my weekly Produce Farmers Direct box, I knew that I was going to mash it! YUMMY!!
This recipe is healthy and easy – I highly recommend it. It’s a great alternative to mashed potatoes – so if you are looking for gluten free – this should be on your radar!
I used my handy dandy mini Food Processor (BEST small processor EVER!) to chop the cauliflower – and it made the job so easy! This is one of my favorite kitchen gadgets – it’s small, easy (very easy) to clean, and goes in the dishwasher!
I also used an immersion blender – another MUST have product! I use mine several times a week!
- 2 cloves garlic
- olive oil
- 1 head of cauliflower, divided into florets
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbs cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepepr
- 1-2 Tbs water (optional)
- Place garlic cloves on small piece of aluminum foil. Drizzle with olive oil, seal up and place in 400 degree oven for about 30 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool.
- Place a steamer basket in a skillet. Add just enough water to come up to the basket but not into the basket. Place the cauliflower into the steamer. Cover, steam for about 12-14 minutes, or until tender.
- Place half the cauliflower into a food processor and process until smooth. Squeeze cooled garlic cloves into the cauliflower. Add the rest of the cauliflower, process again until smooth. Add other ingredients and process until creamy. IF the mixture is too thick, add a little bit of water and process again. Remove from processor, and add a bit more cracked black pepper onto the top.
As always – enjoy!!