I love fresh bread – and I whipped these up for a big family dinner a few weeks back. They
Yeast Rolls with Fresh Rosemary Recipe
- 1 1/8 tsp baking yeast
- 1 1/8 cups warm water (about 115 degrees)
- 1 1/2 Tbs sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 3 - 3 1/4 cups bread flour
- fresh snipped rosemary
- melted butter
- Place warm water in large bowl, dissolve yeast.
- Add sugar, salt, and half the flour. Beat until smooth.
- Stir in the remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- Turn onto floured surface, knead until soft and elastic, about 10 minutes.
- Place in greased bowl, turning to coat completely.
- Cover and let rise in warm place, until doubled.
- Punch down. Turn onto lightly floured surface. Divide dough in half, then in half again. Press into roll, then cut in half again. Cut in even pieces. Pull out and place the edges underneath, forming a ball. Place on greased pan - with sides touching.
- Let rise again until doubled in size.
- Brush with melted butter
- Bake at 375 for about 15-18 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Serve immediately.
As always – enjoy!!