I love love LOVE tomato soup so I couldn’t wait to try this recipe!
Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper Soup Recipe
- 1- 28oz can whole tomatoes - I chose a can with basil in it
- 1- 12oz can roasted red peppers, drained of all oil/juice
- 1/4 cup half and half (I used fat free)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- fresh basil
- Put all ingredients except fresh basil in a food processor.
- Process until completely smooth. You may have to stop and scrape the sides down.
- Transfer to a medium size pot, heat over medium high heat until hot, about 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately - placing fresh basil on top.
- I also put some parmesan rounds on the top of mine!
As always – ENJOY!!!