My friend loves to cook – and yet had never had these potatoes before. I served them with the Pork Tenderloin and the combination made a fabulous dinner!
Sliced Baked Stuffed Potato Recipe
- 4 medium baking potatoes, I do not peel mine
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3-4 Tbs melted butter (unsalted)
- 3-4 Tbs chopped fresh green onions or rosemary
- 4-6 Tbs grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425
- Scrub potatoes.
- Place potato on cutting board, place small wooden spoon next to potato, and slice potatoes down but not through. The wooden spoon should keep the knife from going thru potato.
- Fan potatoes slightly, place in greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle the butter over the potatoes. Sprinkle herbs over potatoes.
- Bake potatoes for about 60 minutes or until almost fork tender.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle cheese over potatoes.
- Place back into the oven for an additional 15 minutes or until lightly brown and fork tender.
- Remove and serve immediately.
- **NOTE** You can also slice potatoes, put butter and herbs on potatoes, place in microwave safe dish, and microwave for approximately 10 minutes. Or until almost tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese
- Then you can put them in the preheated oven and bake until cooked through and brown.
- This saves a lot of time!