Eggplant seems to multiply so quickly. Right?? LOL. I got four in my weekly produce delivery and this recipe seemed to call my name. It was DELICIOUS!!!
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into bite size pieces
- salt and pepper
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 3 cups low salt vegetable (or chicken) broth
- 1 pound cheese tortellini (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, torn or chiffonade
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat
- Add eggplant, red bell pepper, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the veggies begin to soften, about 7-8 minutes.
- Add the garlic and crushed red pepper, cook an additional minute.
- Add the broth and tortellini. Cover. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until tortellini is cooked through and most of the broth is absorbed; about 11-13 minutes.
- Stir in the basil.
- Spoon into bowls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Serve immediately!
This Calphalon Saute pan helped make this recipe SO much easier! The right size, glass lid let me see it wasn’t overcooking.. I highly recommend it!
As always – ENJOY!!